Mastering the Hire provides 12 proven strategies that have been used to accurately identify the right talent 90% of the time. Whether hiring manager, business owner, CEO, search consultant, team manager, team member, novice or expert interviewer, Chaka’s method is for anyone who wants to beat the hiring odds.
In this book, you will learn:
- How to manage your intuition: when to trust it and when to put it aside.
- Question design principles: structuring questions so candidates are influenced to tell the truth
- The power of pressure: when to apply or release pressure and how to control the hidden internal pressure that leads to poor decisions.
- To identify key competencies: the four competencies you must always interview for and techniques to accurately assess them.
- Tools for removing?bias: tomorrow’s talent doesn’t fit yesterday’s mold and is often overlooked.
- Understanding and removing bias will give you a competitive advantage.
The interview is the cornerstone of the hiring process, yet science has shown the odds aren’t in your favor. Mastering the Hire gives you strategies that will dramatically improve the one decision that determines everything you can accomplish--who you hire.