T.D. Jakes Ministries
UPDATED: June 29, 2022
The Quick Basics:
We get it. No one enjoys reading through a list of long, boring technical jargon. But, we also know you place your trust in us to be good stewards of the information you share with us. This is why we’ve created a comprehensive list of how and why we collect and use the data you provide to us.
The full details of how we collect data and how you can access, rectify, erase, withdraw your consent, transmit your data to someone else, object, restrict, or complain are listed below.
And, if you ever have a question about any of this, you can contact us in any of the following ways:
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone – 800-247-7462
Postal Mail – 3635 Dan Morton Drive, Dallas, TX 75236
Again, we value you and the trust you place in us.
All the Details:
T.D. Jakes Ministries respects and values the privacy of everyone who visits Our Site and will only collect and use information in ways that are useful to you and in a manner consistent with your rights and Our obligations under the law.
- Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
means an account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of Our Site;
means a small text file placed on your computer or device by Our Site when you visit certain parts of Our Site and/or when you use certain features of Our Site. Details of the Cookies used by Our Site are set out in Section 12, below
means this website, shop.tdjakes.com
“United States and EU Cookie Law”
means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended in 2004, 2011 and 2015; and
means T. D. Jakes Ministries located at P.O. Box 5390 Dallas, Texas 75208, United States.
Information About Us
- Our Site, shop.tdjakes.com is owned and operated by T.D. Jakes Ministries, located at 6777 W. Kiest Blvd, Dallas, TX 75236, United States.
- To inquire about any data, We collect about your please email Us at: email@example.com.
- Scope – What Does This Policy Cover?
- What Data Do We Collect?
- Date of birth
- Business/company name
- Job title
- Contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers
- Demographic information such as postal code, preferences, and interests
- Financial information such as credit/debit card numbers
- IP address (automatically collected). Our use of this IP address may be to help diagnose problems with Our server or otherwise administer Our Site. This IP address may also be used to gather broad demographic information. Your IP address is never associated with you as an individual and never provided to another company or organization.
- Web browser type and version (automatically collected)
- Operating system (automatically collected)
- A list of URLs, starting with a referring site, your activity on Our Site, and the site you exit to (automatically collected)
How Do We Use Your Data?
- All personal data is stored securely in accordance with the laws of the United States and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679)(GDPR). For more details on security see Section 6, below.
- We use your data to provide the best possible products and services to you. This includes:
- Providing and managing your Account;
- Providing and managing your access to Our Site;
- Personalizing and tailoring your experience on Our Site;
- Supplying Our [products and] services to you;
- Personalizing and tailoring Our [products and] services for you;
- Responding to communications from you;
- Supplying you with email (e.g. newsletters, alerts etc.) that you have subscribed to. You may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by using the links provided in Our emails; and
- Market research and analyzing your use of Our Site [and gathering feedback] to enable Us to continually improve Our Site and your user experience.
- In some cases, the collection of data may be a statutory or contractual requirement, and We will be limited in the products and services We can provide you without your consent for Us to be able to use such data.
- With your permission, and/or where permitted by law, We may also use your data for marketing purposes, which may include contacting you by email AND/OR telephone AND/OR text message AND/OR postal mail with information, news, and offers on Our productsAND/OR We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We fully protect your rights and comply with Our obligations under the laws of the United States and GDPR.
- Under the laws of the United States and GDPR, We will ensure that your personal data is processed lawfully, fairly, and transparently, without adversely affecting your rights. We will only process your personal data if at least one of the following bases applies:
- you have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which We are subject;
- processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or of another natural person;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest, or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller; and/or
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Us or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.
- We take children's privacy seriously and maintain compliance with the rules defined by the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). We do not seek to collect individually identifiable information for children under 13 years of age.
If We learn that a child under the age of 13 has submitted personally identifiable information on Our Site, in contravention of these measures, We will take all reasonable measures to delete such information from Our databases and to not use such information for any purpose (except where necessary to protect the safety of the child or others as required by law).
How and Where Do We Store Your Data?
- We only keep your data for as long as We need to in order to use it as described above in Section 5, and/or for as long as We have your permission to keep it. In any event, We will conduct regular reviews to ascertain whether We need to keep your data.
- Data security is of great importance to Us, and to protect your data, We have put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure data collected through Our Site.
- We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to Us, both during transmission and once We receive it, from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. You should keep in mind that no internet transmission is ever completely secure or error-free. In particular, email sent to or from Our Site may not be secure. Therefore, while We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your information, We cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on Our Site, you can contact Us.
- Notwithstanding the security measures that We take, it is important to remember that the transmission of data via the internet may not be completely secure and that you are advised to take suitable precautions when transmitting data to Us via the internet.
Do We Share Your Data?
- We may contract with third parties to supply products and services to you on Our behalf. These may include payment processing, delivery of goods, search engine facilities, advertising, and marketing. In some cases, the third parties may require access to some or all of your data. Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, Our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law.
- We may compile statistics about the use of Our Site including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales, and other information. All such data will be made anonymous and will not include any personally identifying information. We may, from time to time, share such data with third parties such as prospective investors, affiliates, partners, and advertisers. Data will only be shared and used within the bounds of the law.
- In certain circumstances, We may be legally required to share certain data held by Us, which may include your personal information (for example, where We are involved in legal proceedings, where We are complying with the requirements of legislation, a court order, or a governmental authority). We do not require any further consent from you in order to share your data in such circumstances, and We will comply as required with any legally binding request that is made of Us.
- What Happens If Our T.D. Jakes Ministries Changes Hands?
- How Can You Control Your Data?
When you submit information via Our Site, you may be given options to restrict Our use of your data. We aim to give you strong controls on Our use of your data (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from Us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in Our emails AND/OR by managing your Account).
Your Right to Withhold Information and Your Right to Withdraw Information After You Have Given it
- You may access certain areas of Our Site without providing any data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on Our Site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
- You may withdraw your consent for Us to use your personal data as set out in Section 5 at any time by contacting Us using the details set out in Section 14, and We will delete your data from Our systems. However, you acknowledge this may limit Our ability to provide the best possible products and services to you.
- How Can You Access Your Data?
You have the legal right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by Us (where such data is held). Please contact Us for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org or using the contact details below in Section 14.
What Cookies Do We Use and What For?
- All Cookies used by and on Our Site are used in accordance with current United States and EU Cookie Law.
- Before any Cookies are placed on your computer or device, subject to Section 12.5 AND/ORSection 12.8, you will be shown a pop-up or message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling Us to provide the best possible experience and service to you.
- Certain features of Our Site depend on Cookies to function. United States and EU Cookie Law deems these Cookies to be “strictly necessary.” Your consent will not be sought to place these Cookies. You may still block these Cookies by changing your internet browser’s settings.
- Our Site uses analytics services. Website analytics refers to a set of tools used to collect and analyze usage statistics, enabling Us to better understand how people use Our Site. This, in turn, enables Us to improve Our Site and the products and services offered through it. You do not have to allow Us to use these Cookies, as detailed below, however, while Our use of them does not pose any risk to your privacy or your safe use of Our Site, it does enable Us to continually improve Our Site, making it a better and more useful experience for you.
- The analytics service(s) used by Our Site use(s) Cookies to gather the required info Certain of these Cookies may be placed immediately when you first visit Our Site and it may not be possible for Us to obtain your prior consent. You may remove these Cookies and prevent future use of them by following the steps as outlined by the internet browser you use.
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all cookies or only third-party cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device.
- You can choose to delete Cookies at any time, however, you may lose any information that enables you to access Our Site more quickly and efficiently, including, but not limited to, login and personalization settings.
- It is recommended that you keep your internet browser and operating system up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser and manufacturer of your computer or device if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
- Cookies –By using Our Site, you may also receive certain third-party Cookies on your computer or device. Third party Cookies are those placed by websites, services, and/or parties other than Us. We use third-party Cookies on Our Site for marketing and research to improve your experience and provide Us with data to make Our Site more useful.
- Summary of Your Rights Under GDPR
Under the GDPR, you have:
- the right to request access to, deletion of, or correction of, your personal data held by Us;
- the right to complain to a supervisory authority;
- be informed of what data processing is taking place;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- object to processing of your personal data; and
- rights with respect to automated decision-making and profiling
- Contacting Us